Allow members to comment on messages:
- Open Viber on your Phone
- Tap on Chats
- Select a Channel in which you are a Superadmin
- Tap Info (Android) or the name of the Channel (iOS) at the top of the screen
- Android: tap on Channel info
- Tap Enable comments
- Use the toggle to allow members to leave comments on messages, or to disable the feature
- You can only enable/disable comments for the whole Channel, not per message
- Disabling the feature won’t delete existing comments
Once you enable the feature, members will see a Comments button underneath each message. A New comment icon will appear next to the message when new comments are made.
Admins and Superadmins can long tap on a member’s profile picture (next to their comment) to see the following options:
View: See member’s details.
Remove from Channel*: The member will be removed from the Channel, however, they will be able to join it again through an invite link.
Ban*: The member will be permanently banned from the Channel.
Delete all: All comments made by the member to a specific message will be deleted.
To remove a single comment, long tap on the comment and tap Delete.
*Please note that banning or removing a member won’t delete their existing comments from the Channel. If you see that the member made lots of inappropriate comments, we suggest that you Delete all comments made by the member first, and then remove or ban them.
To learn more about Channels, take a look at our dedicated Channels Knowledge Base for Admins article.