This feature is only available in Ukraine.
Buy on Viber
How do I buy from a chatbot?
- Open Viber on your phone
- In the Chats screen tap on Search at the top of the screen
- Type in the name of the chatbot you are looking for (make sure it's been Verified )
- Begin chatting with the chatbot by entering the details of what you would like to buy/pay for
- Once you find the product that you are looking for, confirm with the chatbot that you would like to buy
- After reviewing the Order Details, tap Continue to Checkout
- Tap on the payment method you wish to use in the Order Summary
- You will be redirected to either Google Pay or Apple Pay to complete the order
- You may also receive an SMS from your bank asking you to authorize the payment
- If the payment is successful, you will see a confirmation screen and a receipt that you can download
You must have either Google Pay or Apple Pay set up on your phone to make a purchase. If you don’t, you will be prompted to set up either Google Pay or Apple Pay (depending on which device you are using) in order to complete the transaction.
How do I communicate with a chatbot?
How long do I have to complete the order?
What payment methods does a chatbot accept?
Can I buy from a chatbot on my desktop or tablet?
Chatbot messages on desktop
What are service fees?
Why isn’t my payment going through? I’m getting error messages.
- You don’t have the latest version of Viber installed
- Please update Viber and try buying again
- Google Pay or Apple Pay isn’t set up correctly on your phone
- Your phone number is from a country where payments to chatbots are not supported yet
- You will not be able to buy from a chatbot
- You have insufficient funds in your bank account
- Please contact your bank if this is incorrect
- Your bank doesn’t support Google Pay or Apple Pay
How long does it take for my order to arrive?
My order hasn’t arrived/I received the wrong item. Who should I contact?
How do I access my transaction details?
Refunds and complaints
How do I get a refund?
I wasn’t charged the correct amount. Who do I contact?
I want to make a complaint against a chatbot
A chatbot is selling dangerous products. Why does Viber support this?
How do I know if a chatbot is legitimate?
- You will see Viber’s ‘Verified’ icon next to the bot’s name
- After you tap Continue to checkout you will arrive at the Checkout screen, which will state Transaction is authorized by Google Pay or Transaction is authorized by Apple Pay at the bottom. You will also see the official Google Pay or Apple Pay logo:
If your screen looks different, DO NOT proceed with the payment. Take a screenshot instead and report the chatbot to us.