Start paying your bills and more using chatbots on Rakuten Viber!
This feature is only available in Ukraine.
Buy on Rakuten Viber
How do I buy from a chatbot?
- Open Rakuten Viber on your phone
- In the Chats screen tap on Search at the top of the screen
- Type in the name of the chatbot you are looking for (make sure it's been Verified )
- Begin chatting with the chatbot by entering the details of what you would like to buy/pay for
- Once you find the product that you are looking for, confirm with the chatbot that you would like to buy
- After reviewing the Order details, tap Continue to checkout
- Tap on the payment method you wish to use in the Order summary
- You will be redirected to either Google Pay or Apple Pay to complete the order
- You may also receive an SMS from your bank asking you to authorize the payment
- If the payment is successful, you will see a confirmation screen and a receipt that you can download
You must have either Google Pay or Apple Pay set up on your phone to make a purchase. If you don’t, you will be prompted to set up either Google Pay or Apple Pay (depending on which device you are using) in order to complete the transaction.
How do I communicate with a chatbot?
Chatbots are developed by third-parties who decide which words the chatbot will understand to trigger the correct response. Try to keep your request clear and free of spelling errors to avoid miscommunication. If a chatbot is not working in a way you would expect it to, please contact the seller directly.
How long do I have to complete the order?
You have 15 minutes once you reach the Order details stage (step 6). During this time, you can leave the chatbot/close Rakuten Viber without affecting your order. After 15 minutes pass, your order will be timed out and you will need to restart the transaction.
What payment methods does a chatbot accept?
Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Can I buy from a chatbot on my desktop or tablet?
No, you can only buy from a chatbot on your phone.
Chatbot messages on desktop
You can interact with the chatbot on your desktop, however, you will not be able to complete the transaction or view the receipt there.
What are service fees?
A seller may add a service fee to a successful transaction. If the seller adds a service fee, you will see it in your bank statement (the amount charged will be higher than the amount displayed in the Order summary).
Please contact the seller directly if you have further questions regarding service fees or extra charges.
Why isn’t my payment going through? I’m getting error messages.
Some of the reasons why your payment isn't going through could be due to the following:
- You don’t have the latest version of Rakuten Viber installed
- Please update Rakuten Viber and try buying again
- Google Pay or Apple Pay isn’t set up correctly on your phone
- Your phone number is from a country where payments to chatbots are not supported yet
- You will not be able to buy from a chatbot
- You have insufficient funds in your bank account
- Please contact your bank if this is incorrect
- Your bank doesn’t support Google Pay or Apple Pay
How long does it take for my order to arrive?
Please ask the seller via email.
The seller operating the chatbot.
My order hasn’t arrived/I received the wrong item. Who should I contact?
How do I access my transaction details?
As long as you haven’t deleted the chat with the chatbot, the transaction details will remain in the chat. To quickly locate the transaction, you can look for the chatbot by using the Search bar in the chats screen.
If you deleted the chat, please contact the seller via email.
Refunds and complaints
How do I get a refund?
I wasn’t charged the correct amount. Who do I contact?
I want to make a complaint against a chatbot
A chatbot is selling dangerous products. Why does Rakuten Viber support this?
Rakuten Viber is not responsible for the products sold through chatbots. If you see a product that you feel is offensive or dangerous, please take a screenshot and report the chatbot to us.
How do I know if a chatbot is legitimate?
There are 2 ways to recognize an authorized chatbot:
- You will see Rakuten Viber’s ‘Verified’ icon next to the bot’s name
- After you tap Continue to checkout you will arrive at the Checkout screen, which will state Transaction is authorized by Google Pay or Transaction is authorized by Apple Pay at the bottom. You will also see the official Google Pay or Apple Pay logo:
If your screen looks different, DO NOT proceed with the payment. Take a screenshot instead and report the chatbot to us.
How to sell on Rakuten Viber using a chatbot
Partner with Rakuten Viber and start selling your products using your very own chatbot. For more information, please refer to: