Set Up Viber on Your Phone
Welcome to Viber!
You’re just a few minutes away from calling your friends and family for free, sending fun stickers, and joining groups and Communities that matter to YOU.
If you already have a Viber account on another phone, you will need to transfer your chat history.
Please refer to the following article: Transfer Your Chat History From One Phone to Another, before you activate Viber on your new phone.
Where to download Viber
How to set up Viber
- Open Viber on your Phone.
- Tap Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Enter your phone number (without the first zero). If your country code isn’t shown automatically, or it’s wrong, you will need to update it manually.
- You will either:
- Automatically receive a 6-digit code via an SMS or a phone call. You don’t have to answer the call.
- Need to choose if you want to receive the code via SMS or a phone call. This time answer the call.
- Codes received through an automated call will be entered automatically, allowing you to proceed to the next step. If you received your code in an SMS or through a phone call (that you picked up), you will need to manually enter the code.
- Fill in the details of your profile. To see which information will be shown publicly, take a look at the How Your Profile Data Is Handled article.
You’re ready to use Viber!
You will only have 3 attempts to enter the 6-digit code that you receive. If you are unsuccessful, please wait 24 hours before requesting another code.
If you are still having difficulty activating Viber on your phone, please review our activation troubleshooting article.
How to activate Viber when abroad
You can start using Viber while you travel, as long as you can still receive an SMS or call to your phone number. To do this you will need to turn on data roaming.
With data roaming on you can proceed to activate Viber as per the above instructions.
You can turn off data roaming as soon as you receive the activation code.
Data roaming can usually be found in the Mobile/Cellular Network settings on your phone. For further instructions please refer to your phone model’s website.