As a Viber user, you have the right to request your personal Viber call history. Your call history will be presented in a Call Detail Record report.
For personal data, GDPR, and CCPA information, please refer to the relevant article:
- Request, Review, and Delete Your Data on Viber
- Privacy Notice for Users in the EEA and UK under the General Data Protection Regulation
- Privacy Notice for California Residents Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
Information for legal authorities can be found here.
What does a Call Detail Record report contain?
A Call Detail Record report will include a list of calls and sent messages with the following information:
- Time and duration of incoming and outgoing calls
- Destination numbers
- Time of incoming and outgoing messages
Viber holds data for a maximum of 24 months. Please ensure that your request is within that time range.
Who can request a Call Detail Record report?
Private users (for their own number) and legal authorities can request a Call Detail Record report.
Legal authorities are required to provide a court-ordered warrant, or subpoena, to obtain a Call Detail Record report of a private user.
For more details please see the following policy: Information for Law Enforcement and Governmental Authorities.
Can I request a Call Detail Record report on behalf of someone else?
No. You can only request a Call Detail Record report for a phone number that is registered to you. For legal and security reasons, we cannot give private users the call history of another user.
How much does it cost to get a Call Detail Record report?
$200 for the first month requested and $50 for each additional month (or any part thereof).
For example: a report containing data for 24 January - 13 February and 3 March, would total $300 ($200 + $50 + $50).
The fee will apply regardless of how much data is available for the dates requested: it is a reimbursement for the costs incurred by Viber in connection with its processing costs of the Call Detail Record report(s).
How can I submit a request for my Call Detail Record report?
- Open and complete the Contact Us form
- Inquiry Category select: Call History (CDR) Request
- Request Type: select if you are a private user or legal authority
- Make sure you attach proof of ownership, of the phone number, and your ID, or a copy of a court-ordered warrant, or subpoena, if you are a legal authority
How can I prove that I am the owner of my phone number?
You are required to prove that you own the phone number for which you are requesting the Call Detail Record report.
Proof can be an official document from your phone service provider, such as a bill, which clearly states your name and the phone number connected to your Viber account. Please ensure that the document is recent; those older than 2 months will not be accepted.
You will also need to include a copy of your ID. The name on the ID should match the name on the official document you are attaching.
How long does it take to receive my Call Detail Record report?
After payment has been processed, it takes, on average, 3-6 weeks to receive the report.