See how the content shared with your Community is performing using real-time statistics.
This insight will let you see what content gets the most engagement from your audience and help you create better content for your Community.
The information in this article is also relevant for channel message statistics.
Who has access to community message statistics?
Admins and super admins can see how each message sent within a Community is performing. Members without admin status do not have access to this information.
How to see Community message statistics
- Open Viber
- Open a Community thread in which you are an admin or superadmin
- Tap (long hold) on the message for which you need statistics(Desktop: right-click on the message)
- Tap on INFO
What statistics are available for messages?
Unique views: number of people that viewed a message.*
Shares: number of times the message was shared.
Clicks: number of times a link or media (photo/ video) was clicked on.**
*Unique views refers to the number of times that a message was seen for the first time, per device.
For example, a person who sees a message 5 times on their phone will only be counted towards 1 unique view. If the person saw the message on their phone and their desktop, it will be counted as 2 views.
**For the Clicks total, each link will be counted separately.
For example, if 2 links, or an image and a link, are available in a single message, 2 clicks will be counted towards the total if both links were opened.
You will not see the Share or Click statistics unless the message was shared or a link was clicked on.
Views, Shares, and Clicks are collected for 30 days. After 30 days the statistics will no longer be updated and the information gathered will remain the same.
Why can’t I see message statistics?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to see message statistics:
- You are trying to view statistics in Groups or 1on1 chats. Message statistics are only available in Communities.
- You are not an admin or superadmin.
- You do not have the latest version of Viber installed.
- You are trying to get statistics for a message that was sent before this feature was created. This means that you cannot get statistics for a message sent in 2016, however, you will be able to get statistics for all messages sent from now on.
- Data will be kept for 6 months. After 6 months you will no longer be able to view the message’s statistics.
Can I get a report of my top-performing messages?
There is no information for this message
This message was sent prior to this feature being created.
There was an error getting information for this message
You may be experiencing a connectivity issue.
Click Try again to reload the Info screen. If you continue to get this error message try reloading again after a few minutes or connect to a different wifi network.