The information in this article is also relevant for channel insights.
How to open Community insights
Community insights are available only to Superadmins of Communities. To see your Community insights:
- Open Viber on your Phone
- Tap on Chats
- Select a Community of which you are a Superadmin
- Tap Info (Android) or the name of the chat (iOS) at the top of the screen
- Android: tap on Community info
- Tap Community insights
- Open Viber on your Desktop
- Select a Community of which you are a Superadmin
- Click on Info
- Click on Community insights
Insights will be partially available 7 days after your Community is created. After 14 days, you will be able to see all available data.
Insights time frame
The insights page shows you data about your Community in a selected time frame. You will automatically see insights for the last 14 days (excluding data from ‘today’).
To change the time frame:
- Tap/click on Last 14 days at the top of the screen
- Select from the options available:
- Last 7 days
- Last 14 days
- Last 30 days
The dates that the insights are given for will be updated and displayed under the selected time frame.
Viber doesn’t hold your data for longer than 90 days, therefore, you will not be able to see ‘lifetime’ analytics.
The Overview section gives you the total number of active users, indicates changes in members count, and shows how many messages were sent, in the time frame selected.
Active users - refers to the unique number of members who either joined the Community or participated in it. Please see the Daily active users section below for more information.
Member growth - refers to the number of people who joined your Community, minus the number of people who left, in the specified time frame.
Total messages sent - refers to the number of messages that were sent in your Community in the specified time frame.
In the overview section you will also find a data comparison between the time frame that you selected and the previous time frame of the same amount of days.
For example, if today is the 31st of December and you choose “Last 14 days”, data from 16 December - 30 December (the last 14 days) will be compared to data from 02 December - 15 December (the previous 14 days).
This comparison is reflected by the positive and negative percentages that you will see in each data block.
If your Community hasn’t been open long enough (under 14 days) to collect data for a comparison, your insights will be limited.
The Messages sent section is a more in-depth display of the data available for the messages sent within your Community.
Tap/click on the available buttons to see the total number of messages that were sent in a specific format, each day. Tap/click again to hide the data from the graph.
Data is available for the following formats:
- Total (all message formats)
Members of your Community can ‘react’ to all messages by tapping/clicking on the heart next to each message. The data presented is the total number of all reactions to messages, per day, in the time frame that you selected.
Members who joined and left
The joined/left graph displays how many people joined and left your Community each day in the time frame that you selected. Tap/click on either Joined or Left (or both) to view the data on the graph.
Daily active users
An ‘active user’ is someone who either joined your Community, ‘reacted’ to a message, or sent a message. The graph displays how many members performed at least 1 of those actions, with each member only being counted once. For example, a person who joins your Community and reacts to 5 messages on the same day, will only be counted once.
Monthly active users
The Monthly active users graph follows the same logic as the daily active users graph, except that the data is calculated on a ‘per month’ basis.
In the Top countries section you will find the top 5 countries that your Community members are from. Please note this insight is only available to Communities with over 1,000 members.
The Age section will display the age ranges that your Community members are in. Age is determined by the date of birth that the member provided on their Viber profile. Please note this insight is only available to Communities with over 1,000 members.
Download the Community insights file
You can download a JSON file containing insights on your Community from the last 90 days.
To download the file, tap/click on the Download button at the top of the Community insights page.
The best way to view your file is to forward it to your email or save it in a cloud account, and open it using a JSON viewer on your computer:
- Open the zip file on your computer
- Google JSON viewer
- Open the website
- Copy and paste the contents of the zip file into the JSON viewer
- If the data isn’t formatted automatically, select Viewer or click Format if you are in Text mode
Your insights file contains personal information. Make sure that the JSON viewer you choose is from a trusted source and that you understand their terms and policies before you use it.
What’s included in the insights file?
Daily metrics (data from the last 90 days)
All information is accurate for the date shown in each section.
MAU: Monthly active users
- Members that interacted at least once with the content in the last 30 days
TAU: ‘Two weeks’ active users
- Members that interacted at least once with the content in the last 14 days
- Files: Number of files sent on that day
- URL: Number of links sent on that day
- Text: Number of text messages sent on that day
- Video: Number of videos sent on that day
- Pictures: Number of pictures sent on that day
- Total: Total number of messages sent on that day
DAU: Daily active users
- Members that interacted at least once with the content on that day
- Likes: Number of reactions given on that day
- Joined: Number of new members that joined on that day
- Left: Number of members that left on that day
- Date: The date to which this section of information refers to
WAU: Weekly active users
- Members that interacted at least once with the content in the last 7 days
Demographic (only available for Communities with more than 1000 members)
- Age groups: The percent of members in each category
- Top countries: A list of the top 5 countries that your members are from